Within The Biomedical Research Institute of Hasselt University, the following position (m/f) is available:
Postdoctoral researcher Neuroimmunology (2 years)
Research at the Biomedical Research Institute (BIOMED, Hasselt University) focuses on disease mechanisms of multiple sclerosis (MS) and the development of new therapeutics for this neuroinflammatory disease. The successful applicant will be working in the frame of a recently approved SBO-IWT Program called “SialoTarg” that brings together expert researchers from Hasselt University, Ghent University and Antwerp University. The aim of this program is to develop advanced vaccines and pharmaceuticals targeting macrophages in different inflammatory diseases including MS. To achieve these goals, the successful applicant will make use of in vitro and in vivo models.
Candidates must have an officially recognized PhD degree in biological, (bio)medical or life sciences or equivalent with a molecular/cellular orientation. Proven expertise in the field of (neuro)immunology/neurobiology is a definite plus. The candidate has a good knowledge of English and/or Dutch, excellent communication skills and is highly motivated to work in a multidisciplinary team.
* Content job responsibilities:
* Prof. dr. Niels Hellings, +32-11-269268, email@example.com
* Prof. dr. Piet Stinissen, +32-11-269303, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Content terms of employment and selection procedure: Jef Vanvoorden, 011-26 80 80, email@example.com
You can apply using application forms:
* which are available at the Rectoraat of Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan - building D, B-3590 Diepenbeek (Belgium), phone +32 - 11 - 26 80 03
* or which can be downloaded here pdf-file / Word format.
The completed application forms must reach the above mentioned address no later than Monday, March 2nd 2009.
Application by e-mail will only be taken into consideration when sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.